Our latest articles
October 15, 2019Every home is going to have maintenance issues at some point. If you don’t stay on top of these maintenance issues, they can become major problems that require the need for an expensive repair. You want to stop things from ever getting to that point. The good news is that there are plenty of ways you can check up on your property to ensure that things aren’t breaking down. Here is how you can stay prepared instead of worrying after the fact.
1. Look For LeaksLeaks coming from the sinks or toilets in your home should be fixed as quickly as possible. When you wait to fix these leaks, they can end up costing hundreds or even thousands of dollars to fix. Especially if the leak leads to water damage.
2. Evaluate Your HVAC SystemsYou want to contact an HVAC professional–such as a mechanic–to come evaluate your properties systems. They will ensure that the heating systems are prepared for the winter and that the cooling systems are ready for summer. If your HVAC system breaks down, it can cost thousands of dollars to fix. And you definitely don’t want to be handling that in the sweltering heat of the summer months.
3. Checkup On Your RoofRoof damage can cost tens of thousands of dollars to fix. You definitely don’t want to have to deal with that problem if you don’t need to. That is why inspecting your roof on a regular basis is critical. Think about hiring a contractor to check out your roof and see if the shingles are in good condition. Roofs may fall into disrepair after a particularly harsh winter.
4. Look Out For TermitesTermites are a danger to your property. They are also very easy to see. Check for mud tunnels going up from the ground on the outside of your property. If left unchecked, they can cause structural damage that costs tens of thousands of dollars to fix. To avoid this problem, make sure that you contact pest control professionals who know what to look for. Wood damage, such as blisters, could be indications that you have a termite problem. If you have a particularly bad infestation, you’ll likely also notice termite droppings near wood in your home. Looking to sell your property without having to deal with all of the frustration of maintenance and repairs? If you don’t want to handle these expensive repairs before selling your property, give 4 Brothers Buy Houses a call. 4 Brothers Buy Houses will purchase your home for cash, without the need for you to complete any additional repairs or renovations on the property. We’ll provide you with a free, no-obligation quote after you contact us, and then you can make a decision that works for you and your family. Sell your property on your own terms.
October 10, 2019
1. You Can Trust Online Property ValuationsEveryone has looked online at property valuations. They are easy to find and compare. The problem is they are often wrong. Websites like Zillow use equations to come to rough estimations of what they think a given property may be worth. But a property is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Make sure that you don’t get caught up in a number you saw online–it may not be an accurate portrayal of your property’s true value.
2. That You Can Get More Competitive Offers By Overpricing Your HomeYou might think that by overpricing your home, you can get offers which are a bit less, around where you think your home should be valued. The problem is that negotiations don’t work this way. You’ll simply get fewer offers, and the longer your home stays on the market, the more prospective buyers will think something must be wrong with the property and stay away.
3. Buyers Focus More On The Interior Of The HomeNeglecting your property’s exterior is a big mistake. Curb appeal is why prospective buyers stop and look at your property in the first place. Take the time to make sure the grass and shrubs are neatly cut.
4. Renovation Will Always Improve Your Property’s ValueRenovating just for renovation’s sake is typically not a good idea. A renovation can actually cost you thousands of dollars you won’t get back if you aren’t doing it with a purpose. Is this renovation bringing the property up to date with new trends? Is it bringing prospective buyers value with new features that they can’t find other places? Make sure that you are renovating for the right reasons. If prospective buyers don’t see the value in your renovation, they won’t be willing to pay extra for your property. Want to sell your property without going through the hassle of dealing with a real estate agent and handling showings? You’re in luck. You can sell your property on your own timeline by working with 4 Brothers Buy Houses. 4 Brothers Buy Houses will purchase your property from you for cash. You won’t have to make any renovations or expensive repairs either. Give us a call today, and we can provide you with a free, no-obligation quote. We’d be honored to work with you so that you can sell your property on your terms.
September 30, 2019There are plenty of mistakes that sellers make on a regular basis, especially if it is their first time selling a home. The key is identifying these pitfalls so that you can avoid them and the hassles that they bring along. Each of these mistakes can be expensive, and cost you in both time and money. But once you learn each of these common mistakes, you’ll figure out how to avoid them in the future. Let’s take a closer look at the mistakes that new sellers usually make.
Not Understanding The Costs Of SellingSome new sellers don’t fully understand that there are costs to selling. For example, you may need to move out and rent a new place while you showcase your property to prospective buyers. Obviously, you’ll need to consider repairs and closing costs. Some have even estimated that the costs to sell can be 5-10 percent of the final sale price. That’s pretty steep, especially if you don’t have enough equity to be comfortable financially.
Not Being Willing To Move On PriceFair market value may not be what you envisioned when you first thought about selling your home. Holding on to a price that doesn’t make sense is one of the worst things you can do as a seller. The longer your property stays on the market, the more prospective buyers will wonder if something is wrong with the property. You need to be willing to move on the price. Don’t be afraid to be flexible.
Refusing To Make RepairsIf your home needs a long list of repairs, buyers can be scared off. Buyers are already making a major investment in your property, they want to move in and feel at home. They don’t want to also have to deal with expensive repairs. Make sure that you make sure your property’s structure is intact and that key appliances are all in working order.
Refusing To Make Accommodations On Showing TimesSelling your property is a process, and you need to be prepared to jump through some hoops. That means having to accommodate prospective buyers. Sometimes a buyer won’t be able to make it to an open house and may request a specific time to come see the property. If you aren’t able or willing to meet that request, then you could be missing out on a potential sale. If you are frustrated with the traditional home sale process, you aren’t alone. Most people don’t enjoy going through the process of selling their property, especially with all of the hoops that are necessary to jump through. That’s why more and more sellers in the Maryland, DC, and Virginia areas are looking at 4 Brothers Buy Houses. 4 Brothers Buy Houses will provide you with a free, no obligation quote. That means you can sell your property and get the cash you need immediately, without having to wait for several months. Contact 4 Brothers Buy Houses today and get cash for your home when you need it.
September 27, 2019Have you ever gone into a store that wasn’t lit very well? Chances are that you didn’t stay long. Lighting at absolutely key to selling your property, but it is something that pretty much nobody in the real estate industry talks about. Realtors aren’t talking about how critical lighting is, and home sellers often don’t even know that their lighting is a problem until after the fact. If you can’t find your property easily at night, then your lighting is an issue. Likewise, if your property has poorly lit closets, kitchens, or bathrooms, you will also have problems attracting buyers. Let’s take a closer look at lighting in the home.
If Your Home Is Dimly Lit, Buyers Will Assume You Have Something To HideYou want to pay specific attention to areas such as the closets, storage areas, bedrooms, and hallways. You probably are going to have your kitchens and bathrooms fairly well lit, but you may mistakenly neglect these other areas. This is a mistake. You want to make sure that your entire home’s interior is well lit. Think about it from the perspective of a buyer. They may think that if your home is dimly lit, you are hiding something. Maybe they think there is a repair that you are trying to avoid. Either way, you want to avoid the perception that you have something to hide.
A Poorly Lit Exterior Makes It Difficult To Find Your Property At NightIf you want your property to sell, then you need to make sure that people can actually find it. Unfortunately, poor exterior lightning can make it very hard to find your property at night. That is why it is important to make sure that your yard is well-lit, and that your porch and driveway also have lighting.
Improving Your Home’s Lightning Is EasyThe good news is that you can improve your home’s lighting relatively easily. Often, the change can be as simple as installing higher wattage light bulbs. You want to check and see what is the highest voltage that your fixtures can handle, but it isn’t that difficult to get started. You’ll also want to consider adding more light fixtures as well, so that you have a higher quantity of lighting. Another thing to consider is natural lighting inside the home. You’ll want to make sure that your home has enough lighting from natural sources to keep your living and bedroom areas well-lit during the day. If you aren’t interested in handling lighting additions to your property, don’t fret. You can still sell your home. 4 Brothers Buy Houses is interested in purchasing your property, and we’ll provide you with a free, no obligation quote at any time. That means you won’t have to wait for months to get the cash you need to move on with your life. 4 Brothers Buy Houses lets you sell your property on your own timeline, and on your own terms.
September 23, 2019When selling your property, it is important to understand several real estate terms. If you aren’t a real estate industry regular, than these terms may seem unfamiliar to you. That is okay–as long as you are familiar with these terms, you’ll be able to successfully navigate the sale of your property. You want to make sure that you understand things like escrow, equity, and due diligence. You probably already understand what showcasing (your property to new prospective buyers) means. You also probably understand what renovation means. So let’s dive into the more complicated real estate terms.
AppraisalAn appraisal is when a professional determines the market value of your home. Typically, before you can take out a mortgage, the mortgage lender will send an appraiser to the property. The appraiser will determine if the property is worth the value of the loan, so that all parties are fully protected during the transaction. Appraisals are absolutely critical to the home sale process, and you need to understand how they work.
EscrowWhen your offer to buy a home is accepted, then you’ll need to send a portion of the money to escrow. Escrow is a third party, which is often unbiased, which holds the money until a transaction is complete. Once the transaction is finalized, the money is released and the deed is transferred. Escrow agents often hold other documents as well, such as loan documents, and title insurance.
EquityEquity is a critical term for sellers and buyers. The equity you own in your home is the market value of the property less any existing obligations. Thus, if you bought a home for $300,000, and your mortgage has been paid down to $100,000, then you have $200,000 in equity. The more equity you build, the stronger your financial options will be. More equity allows you to finance loans for repairs or renovations.
ClosingClosing is the finalization of the home sale process. During the closing period, homebuyers typically do due diligence on things like home inspections. All the paperwork is finalized during this period as well, and the two parties will exchange the deed and the keys of the property. All money in escrow is released at this point, and the sale process effectively ends. Closing also entails certain costs, such as taxes and loan fees. Worried about going through the traditional selling process? Worried about how you are going to showcase your home to new buyers, or how you are going to handle all of the aspects of repairing and renovating your home? The good news is that you don’t have to worry about any of this. You can sell your property to 4 Brothers Buy Houses and get the cash you need right away. Avoid the expensive and lengthy traditional selling process and sell your property on your terms. You can get a free, no obligation quote at any time. Call us today.
September 20, 2019There is a wide range of new trends that homebuyers are looking for. If you are interested in selling your property, you need to be aware of what homebuyers are looking for. That is how you will maximize the sale of your property and get the strongest possible offers. Trends are constantly changing, and now millennials are entering the market and making new demands of what they want in a home. Here are some of the new trends that you’ll need to know if you are going to sell your property in the near future.
Built-in Wine Coolers In KitchensToday’s home buyers are much more likely to be millennials. And millennials love wine. Millennials are driving wine trends, and enjoy buying wine online for shipment directly to their mailbox. Perhaps that is why millennials are looking for built-in wine coolers in their kitchens. This is an accessory that many older generations may have foregone, but millennial buyers are increasingly asking for it.
Tons Of Glass In BathroomsOlder bathrooms used a lot of tiles, but these days buyers are more interested in having glass and stone. It is very important to make sure that you prioritize glass, especially when it comes to renovating your shower and adding doors. Younger buyers are also looking for showerheads with multiple options for spray strength.
Motion Light SensorsNew buyers tend to be much more worried about their energy consumption. That is why motion light sensors are such an attractive perk. Motion light sensors reduce the need for turning on lights manually, and they also help to conserve energy over long periods of time. Installing them will save you money too, especially while showcasing the property.
Open Floor PlansYoung buyers are looking for more space. They don’t want to feel cramped in their new homes. They want open floor plans that give them the space that they didn’t have when they were renting apartments. If you are selling your property, you need to be aware of this. You can rearrange furniture to provide more space, or you can do a significant renovation which may include knocking down a wall. Either way, you need to understand that it is important to provide prospective buyers with the appearance and feel of open space. The more cramped the interior of your property feels, the less likely it is to generate interest from young buyers. Looking to sell your home but aren’t sure if you can renovation to incorporate the latest trends? Don’t worry about having to go through a lengthy and expensive renovation process. Instead, give 4 Brothers Buy Houses a call. We can provide you with a free, no-obligation quote on your property at any time. We’d be happy to work with you on the process so that you can sell your home on your own terms. Contact 4 Brothers Buy Houses today and get the cash for your home that you deserve.
September 16, 2019
At First, Alfred Wasn’t Ready To SellWhen 4 Brothers Buy Houses first contacted Alfred, he wasn’t ready to sell his property. His brother was still living in it with him, and he wasn’t quite sure what he wanted to do with it long term. Alfred wasn’t yet sure if he wanted to work on repairing the home himself, or if he wanted to take advantage of the immediate cash offer from 4 Brothers Buy Houses.
After His Brother Moved Out, Alfred Decided To Move OnOnce Alfred’s brother moved out, he decided it was time to move on from the property. He indicated he was ready to sell in February of 2019. He wanted to downsize and move into something smaller. 4 Brothers Buy Houses set up a time to view the property in March and make an offer. The home needed some work–it needed a new air conditioning system, a new furnace, and a range of cosmetic updates. Alfred got an offer from 4 Brothers That Buy Houses that worked for him, and the two parties setup closing for May.
Getting An Advance And Selling On His Own TermsAlfred needed money to be able to move out of the home before closings. 4 Brothers worked with Alfred and gave him an advance on the sale which allowed him to move into an apartment before the process ended. By May 20th, the property went into settlement, and Alfred got all of his money. Both parties were happy with the transaction, and Alfred was able to move on with his life. If you are like Alfred, and have a home in the state of Maryland that was left to you by family, it is important to understand that your property doesn’t have to be a burden. You can call 4 Brothers Buy Houses at any time and we’ll provide you with a no obligation quote. You don’t have to feel trapped, or that you’ll need tens of thousands of dollars for repairs before you can sell. 4 Brothers is able to provide many solutions other home buyers can’t, in order to make the home sale easier. How many buyers do you know that would give an advanced payment on a house before the purchase date? Contact our team today and we’ll work with you so that you can sell on your terms. We may even be able to provide you with an advance before closing is finalized. Don’t get frustrated with the traditional home sale process. You can sell your property on a timeline that works for you without sacrificing any of your time, money, or resources. Call 4 Brothers Buy Houses today and we’ll help you get started.
August 23, 2019Renovating your kitchen can dramatically increase your home’s value. If you are looking to sell your property, then a kitchen renovation might be key to getting that higher offer that you are looking for. When you renovate any room in your home, you want to follow a few simple rules. Obviously, you should set a budget for the project and you should know what you expect to get in terms of a financial return. But here’s everything you need to know beyond that:
Make Sure Everything Works
Make Sure There Is Enough Countertop And Storage Space
Increase The Lighting
Upgrade The Appliances
The Room Should Have Flow