How to Sell Your Home Fast
August 15, 2016
August 15, 2016
If you’ve decided to sell your home (or need to sell a house you inherited from a relative or family trust), you don’t want to spend months waiting around while the property sits on the market. Once a homeowner makes the decision to sell, most people want to sell the property fast.
While nothing can guarantee a rapid sale, here are some top professional tips and tricks for selling a home, and closing the sale, more quickly:
- Choose a Proper Listing Price. This might seem obvious, but overpriced houses take longer to sell—sometimes several weeks (or even months) longer than homes with proper listing prices. Consult an experienced real estate agent, review the comparable sales in your area, and set a price that accurately reflects what your home is actually
- Clean, Clean, Clean! Cluttered, dirty homes don’t sell. Put away clutter and personal items, clear out crowded closets, and give your home a thorough cleaning before each open house or buyer tour.
- Make Smart Repairs & Improvements. Some upgrades, like fresh paint, can bring big returns in terms of price and sale speed. Other upgrades—especially those that don’t impact the overall look and modernity of a home—don’t normally bring in great returns. Consult a realtor or other specialist, and make the most of your repair and improvement dollars.
- Advertise Properly, & Use Good Photos. Buyers can’t buy your home if they can’t find it, and will pass your listing by if it looks unappealing in photographs. Make sure your listing appears on all major sales websites and the MLS, advertise in the real estate listing section of local newspapers, and make sure your ads feature high-quality, professional photographs that make your home look spacious and attractive.
- Remove Pets (&Odors). Most people love their pets . . . but most home buyers don’t want to see, hear, or smell someone else’s. Remove your pets from the home during open houses and buyer tours, and make sure the house is free of pet-related smells and stains.
Many factors influence the speed at which a house might sell, and not all of these factors are within even diligent sellers’ control. However, by pricing your house properly, preparing it for sale with smart repairs and proper cleaning, and arranging for proper, professional advertising, you can significantly increase your chances of a rapid sale.
However, if you want—or need—to sell your home even faster, consider cutting out the listing process entirely and selling directly to an investor. 4 Brothers Buy Houses buys homes for cash, in any condition, and can often close a sale in under two weeks. For a free, no obligation quote, click here and get more details now!
Other useful articles: