Five Tips to Improve Your Home’s Curb Appeal
June 18, 2016
June 18, 2016
You only get one chance to make a first impression—and that applies to houses, too. Even a well-priced home in good repair may linger for months on the market if buyers pull up to peeling paint and an unkempt yard.
Increasing a house’s curb appeal is one of the most important (and easiest) ways to ensure the listing sells as fast as possible and for the highest price. Here are some tips to improve your house’s curb appeal and make your listing more attractive to potential buyers:
- Mow or Upgrade Lawns. Buyers love houses with green, healthy grass. Even if you can’t afford to re-seed or replace your lawn with sod, keeping lawns watered, properly mowed and neatly edged dramatically improves curb appeal.
- Add Colorful Pots or Plantings. Splashes of color draw the eye and give your home a cheerful appearance. Plant colorful annuals or add pots of flowering plants near walkways and entrances. Don’t forget to keep the flowers trimmed and watered, too!
- Prune Shrubbery and Trees. Overgrown bushes and overhanging trees give a house a “wild” look that discourages would-be buyers, but neatly-trimmed landscapes give your home a welcoming, well-kept feel.
- Simplify the Landscape. “High maintenance” yards can overwhelm buyers, making them pass by your home in search of something simpler. Although attractive, complex landscape features like waterfalls and topiaries are often less beneficial to sales than clean, simple designs like well-mown lawns and potted plants.
- Pressure Wash Walls and Driveways. Pressure washing removes exterior mold, dirt, and stains, making your home more attractive to buyers. In many cases, pressure washing can even increase the selling price of a home. However, pressure washing can also damage delicate paint and landscape features, so hire a professional pressure washing service if you’re not experienced enough to do the job properly.
Whether you’re trying to maximize your house’s sale price, reduce the selling time, or simply give your home the best possible chance of finding its new owners, these tips will help your listing make that all-important first impression on everyone who passes by. However, if you need to sell quickly or don’t want to bother with repairs and curb appeal, 4 Brothers Buy Houses will make you an offer to buy your house today, in its current condition. Estimates are free, with no fees or obligations. Click here to lean more!
Other useful articles: