Our latest articles
Sell Home Fast
April 16, 2019
The process selling of a house can be very tough on a homeowner. Finding a real estate agent, making sure that the house is at the top in the MLS search, negotiating on the price, listening to counteroffers, and what not… taking all these steps can get on a person’s nerves. What if there was an easier way you could sell your house fast in Fairmount Heights, MD? You wouldn’t have to go through the hassle of getting your house listed and then waiting for potential buyers to make an offer. Not to mention, you’ll have to keep your home clean 24/7 so that strangers can tour your house.
We understand that it can be very scary to let strangers into your house. There’s no way of knowing whether they are potential buyers or casing the house. A bit dramatic, but one can never be too sure. Coming back to the point, one of the biggest advantages of selling your house fast is that you get instant cash.
We are not talking about renovations and staging, but simply contacting a real estate professional who will buy your house as is and offer you cash. The process is simple: call and setup a meeting with 4 Brothers Buy Houses, a professional buyer will arrive at your house to verify condition and make a fair cash offer!
Let’s have a look at three more advantages a fast house sale offers you:
1. Peace of Mind
Why are you selling your house?
Did you get a divorce and now don’t want to live in a big house?
Are you going to have a baby and need a bigger house for the nursery?
Did you get a promotion and are planning to move?
Whatever the reason may be — the process of selling a house can last 3 to 6 months or maybe even a year. The longer your house stays on the market, the lower its value falls. Working with 4 Brothers and getting cash allows you to be done with the transaction within a month. It will be a load off your mind and you will be free to make your next move.
2. No Taxes and Other Fees
What if your house doesn’t sell within a few months? You will be paying the property taxes, utility bills, insurance, and maintenance the entire time while you ought to be saving for a new house. If you make late payments, it will become quite difficult for you to secure a mortgage for your new house. On the other hand, if you sell your house fast in, Fairmount Heights, MD to 4 Brother Buy Houses, you won’t have to wonder when your house will sell or pay for commissions or closing costs.
3. No Home Inspection
What if we said that you don’t need to do any repairs or renovations and 4 Brothers Buy House will buy your house as it is. When you sell your house on the MLS, you will most likely get a list of improvements that you need to make to the house before someone else will buy it. That’s the beauty of selling your house fast to 4 Brothers. We are investors and not real estate agents! Once we close and you have your money we make the repairs with our money on our time. If you are looking for someone who will help you, so you can sell your house fast in Fairmount Heights, MD then contact 4 Brothers Buy House. We buy houses with cash right after you sign a simple contract with us. For more information about the process, call at 202-780-9793.
August 10, 2018Selling your home can take a lot of work and sometimes the process can drag on for a while before you find a great buyer. Over time, you may also find yourself coming down in price and you may not get as much as you expected from it. However, there are ways to sell your home fast and still get a great offer if you know the right tips. Below we’ll give you our insider tips and strategies for selling your home fast while still getting a great offer for it.
1. Time It RightThe first thing you should do to make sure you sell your home quickly and easily is to make sure you’ve picked the right time to put it on the market. It’s important to realize that certain times of the year are better for selling a house than others. Selling your home in the spring between March and May is usually the ideal time to list your home and when a lot of buyers are out looking for a place.
2. Pick Your Price WiselyYou should also make sure that you set your price right from the very beginning. You’ll want to look at other similar homes in your local market and see what they’ve been selling for. While you may think it’s better to put it high to start with and then come down over time, it’s actually not a good idea. If you want house to sell fast you should price it right immediately. Most activity on a newly listed home happens early on and a home that is been on the market for too long may start seeming undesirable to buyers.
3. Take Some Amazing PhotosOne of the best ways to make your home sale easier is to add high-quality photos to your listing. If necessary, hire a photographer to get it right and make sure that the photos highlight the best things about your home, both inside and out. Great photography can go a long way in marketing your home. Photos can help potential buyers take more interest and decide to schedule a showing.
4. Show Your Home Off With a Virtual TourIn addition to photos, videos and virtual tours can also be a big help in selling a home. If you really want to get it right, you may want to hire a videographer to make a professional looking video. Alternatively, you may just want to do a simple walkthrough on your own using a camera to show buyers the different areas of your home. However you do it, a virtual tour can be a great way to generate a bit more interest and convince more buyers to give you a call.
5. Use the Right WordsIn addition to visual content, you should also make sure you work hard to write the perfect description for your listing. The description can make or break your listing so make sure to get it right. If there are any unique and especially attractive features about your home make sure you mention these things clearly and vividly. You may also want to mention positive aspects of the area as well such as which school district you’re in and anything else that is notable about your home’s location.
6. Boost Your Home’s Curb AppealIt’s also important to boost your home’s curb appeal. Before you take any pictures or invite anyone for showings you’ll want to make sure your home has a great look and will “wow” anybody as soon as they see it. You may want to put on a coat of fresh paint, for example, or add in some extra outside lighting. You may also want to make some other changes to your lawn or yard to make sure it comes across well from the beginning.
7. Make the Right First ImpressionIn addition to improving the outside looks of your home, you should also make sure that the inside looks great as well and gives off the perfect first impression. When potential buyers come into your home, it’s important that they are impressed. You’ll want to clear out any clutter that you can, so it may be a good idea to rent a storage unit to use while you list your home. You’ll also want to be prepared to let a neighbor or friend watch any pets you have when you’re showing your home. Remove any indications of pets or their smells in your home. Signs of pets in your home may turn away some buyers.
8. Assist Your Buyer’s ImaginationBesides making a good first impression you should also be attempting to make sure a buyer can see themselves in your home. While clearing out the clutter is part of this, you’ll also want to consider resetting some of the rooms in your home to their originally intended purpose. Consider taking out some of the most unique features and any creative personal touches you’ve added to your home over the years. Ensure that your home seems like a blank slate to buyers.
9. Don’t Overdo It On the UpgradesWhile you should be aiming to make your home seem as new and attractive as possible to buyers, you shouldn’t overdo it. Too many repairs may be more trouble than they’re worth. If you spend too much time and money on upgrades and repairs you may not make as much once you finally do sell your home. It’s important to strike a good balance between making it attractive to buyers and not spending too much.
10. Be Available and ReadyIn addition to having all of the points above in mind, you also need to keep in mind that the more available you are for showing your home to buyers the better chance you’ll have to sell your home quickly and for the best price. Be ready to answer calls and be available at the drop of a dime to show your home or get out of the way for an agent to do it. Keep things clean and don’t let dishes pile up in the sink.
Using These Tips For Selling Your Home FastWhile it can take a lot of work to make sure your home sells quickly, by using the tips above you’ll make sure you’re selling your home fast while also getting what it’s worth from the sale. Ready to sell your home fast? Contact us today to learn more about what we can do for you.
July 25, 2018sell your house fast, read on for the reasons our past clients have given.
Why Should You Sell Your Home Fast?Many of the past clients from whom we’ve bought houses have also sold homes in traditional sales before. Below are the benefits to selling your home using our method, based on the feedback from those clients.
Simpler ProcessThe primary purpose of a real estate agent is to find buyers for your home. This is a challenging and complex job, which is why agents need specialized training to be able to do it. While you’re welcome to hire an agent when you sell to a fast-purchase real estate company, it’s not as necessary. This can save you thousands of dollars. In fact, the average real estate commission alone is up to 6% of the sale price. If your home costs $300,000, that’s $18,000 out of your pocket.
Avoiding Doubling the Moving ExpensesIn a traditional home sale, poor timing can be costly. If your old home sells before you’re ready to move into your new home, you need to find temporary housing. This means you’ll pay moving expenses twice: to move into a temporary space, then again to move into your new home. Moving costs can be in excess of $10,000, especially if you have a family and are moving a long distance away. If you need to move twice, that a huge unnecessary expense (not to mention the cost of your temporary housing).
Cut Down on StressYou might not be able to put a dollar amount on the stress of moving, but that doesn’t make it less important. For most people, housing is their largest expense and it accounts for a large percentage of their income. When that huge monthly expense is up in the air, your stress level goes through the roof too.
No Need to Manage Frequent ShowingsAnother often underestimated difficulty with a traditional home sale is the hassle of each showing. You need to make sure your home is very clean and uncluttered, and you need to bring your family and pets elsewhere. Home showings are difficult enough for a couple or a single person, but when there are kids or pets involved, it’s quite a circus. Sometimes showings happen at the last minute, which adds an extra layer of stress.
Don’t Risk Buyer Getting Cold Feet or Sale Falling ThroughIn a typical home purchase, there are countless ways the sale could fall through at the last minute. The buyer could get cold feet, or have an issue with their own home’s sale, or their financing could fall through. One of the key advantages of a fast home purchase is that many companies (ours included) pay cash for your house. That eliminates the risk of your buyer’s lender pulling out at the last minute.
Avoid Housing Market ChangesThe housing markets are constantly changing, both on a large scale and within your own neighborhood. You may put your home up for sale when it’s a seller’s market, but if it doesn’t sell and the market turns, your chance of a sale goes down dramatically. Using a fast process by selling to an investment company, on the other hand, cuts down on that problem.
You Choose Your TimingWe’ve already discussed how the timing of your home sale can affect your moving expenses. However, it can cause other problems as well. If you have kids and your new home is in a new school district, moving during the summer can help make the transition smoother. Unfortunately, you don’t have direct control over that timing during a traditional home sale. Many homeowners also have busy seasons and light seasons at work. When you choose a fast home purchase, it lets you time your sale (and your move) during the easiest season for you.
No Need to Make RepairsRepairs on a home you’re selling can be an unexpected expense and delay your sale by weeks or months. When you sell to an investment company, however, we process as-is home sales. This lets you avoid the extra expense, the hassle of renovations or repairs, and the delay in your home sale.
Avoid Paying Two MortgagesArguably the largest worry people have when selling one home and buying another is the transition between mortgages. If you buy your new home before selling your old one, you’ll be paying two mortgages every month. Many homeowners can’t afford to do this for more than a month or two, so it adds to the stress level. With a fast home purchase, however, you can arrange the timing so this doesn’t happen.
Avoid Paying for Upkeep on Two HomesThis is an expense few sellers consider until it happens. If your old home doesn’t sell until three months after you close on your new home, that’s three months of double the maintenance. If you’re paying for lawn maintenance, housekeeping, and other services, this adds up quickly.
How to Sell Your House FastThe ten reasons above are just the most common reasons to sell your house fast. There are plenty of other benefits that apply to specific situations. Regardless, the faster your home sells, the less stress you’ll have and the fewer add expenses you’ll pay. If you’re ready to sell your home quickly, contact our fast home-buying team.
June 20, 2018selling a house is a challenge. Attempting to sell a home for a reasonable price in a timely manner almost always requires a great deal of effort and dedication. Perhaps you’re looking to get your house off the market as quickly as possible? Maybe you’re looking to sell your house fast? If so, there are a number of different tips you should be following. These are the keys to a quick house sale.
Get the Price Right InitiallyIf you’re hoping to sell your house quickly, it’s absolutely vital that you price it right from the beginning. Pricing it too high can turn off potential buyers, making them think that they can’t afford it, or making them think that you aren’t serious about making a sale. In order to price your house correctly, you should survey the selling prices of houses in your neighborhood. From there, you can come up with a nice ballpark figure.
Manicure Your YardThe fact of the matter is that if the outside of your home doesn’t look nice, buyers won’t even give it the time of day. They will simply pass it over and go searching for other homes to buy. This is why you need to make your yard look as nice as possible. Keep the grass trimmed, make sure that the mulch is looking nice, and eliminate all traces of weeds. By doing this, you will up the curb appeal of your property, making it more attractive to potential buyers.
Make Necessary Updates to Your HouseWhen buyers go looking for a house, they are looking for something which feels new to them. They aren’t leaving an old house so that they can go live in another old house. This is why, when selling your home, it’s necessary to renovate and update it. By installing new countertops, flooring, appliances, and otherwise, you serve to make your home more modern and attractive. This greatly ups its value as well as the interest of potential buyers.
Remove Personal Items from Your HouseWhen prospective buyers are checking out homes, they envision themselves living in those homes. The problem is that it’s difficult for them to do this if you still have your possessions in the home during the time of the showing. Therefore, it’s wise to remove all personal items from your home while it’s being shown to potential buyers. This doesn’t mean that you need to remove everything; you should keep your furniture where it is. You just need to remove pictures, heirlooms, and any other items which are treasured only by you.
Always Be Prepared to Show Your HouseThe key to a quick house sale is to have your home viewed by as many prospective buyers as possible. The more people that see your home, the more offers which will be submitted. How do you ensure that as many people see your home as possible? By always being prepared to show your home. Whether it be 7:00 AM or 9:00 PM, you need to be ready and willing to show your home off to prospective buyers. Short on time? It might be a good idea to utilize a real estate agent.
Utilize All Available Marketing AvenuesAgain, the key to a quick house sale is to have your home viewed by as many potential buyers as possible. To give your home optimal exposure, you need to utilize every marketing avenue that is at your disposal. There are a variety of different places in which you can place house listings. Not only should you be utilizing websites such as Zillow and Trulia, you should be putting your house listing in newspapers, on social media, and all other available marketing platforms.
Take Professional-quality PhotographsIn most cases, when a prospective buyer first views a home that is for sale, that buyer views said home online. How does a home appear online? In a series of different photographs. But, you shouldn’t use just any photographs of your home. You need to ensure that the photographs you use are of professional quality. Having bright, clear, and illuminating photos of your home will give it a terrific first impression with potential buyers. On the other hand, posting dark, shady, and blurry photos of your home will give potential buyers a horrible first impression.
Hire a Real Estate AgentThe simple fact of the matter is that selling a home is a process. In most cases, it is a process which requires a great deal of hard work and dedication. Most home sellers don’t have the time or resources necessary to put forth a full effort. That’s why it’s often wise for home sellers to hire real estate agents. A real estate agent will essentially take over all of your home selling responsibilities, scheduling showings, filing the necessary paperwork, and facilitating necessary updates. If you want to sell your home quickly, hiring a real estate agent would be a great decision.
Sell Your House to an InvestorThe absolute quickest way to sell a house is by selling it to an investor. There are many investors out there who will buy houses, fix them up, and sell them to others. In many cases, you can strike a deal with an investor within 2 weeks. One of the nicest things about going this route is that it requires minimal work. You won’t have to manicure your lawn, show your home to potential buyers, or make renovations.
Looking to Sell Your House Fast?Wanting to move on from your house as soon as possible? Looking to sell your house fast? If so, and if your house is in the Washington DC area, we here at 4 Brothers Buy Houses are the people to see. We are a real estate investment firm which specializes in buying from those who want to sell their homes quickly. It is our goal to have a deal set in place for you within 10 days. Interested? Contact us today to discuss!
June 24, 2015
People may wonder why anyone would need to sell their house FAST or AS-IS instead of selling it traditionally through the real estate agents and putting it up on the market. People might think this process occurs usually when people are ready to move out to a new house. In a sense, it is true. However, there are many other reasons why people have the need to sell the house or even consider “getting rid of it.”
Why in such hurry?
One can be going through a divorce process and need to quickly clear the names off of the house and move on with their life. A house could have been inherited but it is unwanted or too difficult to manage so it is in the owner’s best interest to liquidate the asset without hassle. There are more in depth explanations on the divorce and inheritance situations at www.4brothersbuyhouses.com. Some people get behind on payments; whether it’s on their mortgage, which results in them going into default, or on smaller items like property taxes or even HOA association dues. In those cases, people often can’t financially afford to be in the house anymore and so wish to sell quickly so they can move on to a property that will be more financially comfortable for them to own.
Another reason why an owner might need to sell a house fast is due to an impending bankruptcy filing, be it chapter 7 or 13. Other common causes are various life changes, like an owner who may want to move to a smaller home quickly due to a change in income that was caused by unemployment or shortened hours. Changes in financial conditions can often lead an owner to want a home with a more manageable monthly payment.
Perhaps managing a rental property is becoming too difficult and want to just sell the house. Ultimately, regardless of the reason of selling the house, people may struggle to afford to fix up the property to even put up on the market or do not want to go through weeks or months worth of hassle.
Let’s say someone has enough funds to fix up the house and use a real estate agent to put it on the market. People claim that time is money. Saving time can be critical in certain cases and that is why people would consider using services like 4 Brothers Buy Houses to quickly go through the process of selling the house. Convenience is also another huge factor that comes into play. Some people need to go through their attorney, home owners association, real estate agents, remodeling contractors and loads of paperwork. Even after all the hassle and finally putting it up in the market, there is no guarantee it will be sold right away! It takes time and effort to leave the house open for people to come by and visit to look at it. People should always consider their alternative options to sell their house fast and as-is to alleviate the problem of not having enough funds or not wanting to go through a hassle when they are in time sensitive circumstances.