Our latest articles
Sell Home Fast
November 22, 2019Wondering why your property is taking so long to sell? There are a lot of factors that go into how long a property stays on the market. Understanding these different factors will help you to make your home more attractive to prospective buyers. The truth is that when your home stays on the market for an extended period of time, buyers start to think there must be something wrong with it. So it becomes a sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy. You want to avoid this by understanding how to sell your home faster. Let’s go over some tips.
According To Zillow, The Average Property Was On The Market For Two MonthsThat’s right. Most properties are on the market for a little over 60 days. If your property has sold in under two months, congratulations! You’ve beaten out the average seller. But if your property has been on the market for longer than 60 days, it may be time to start thinking about what you can do better. You may be asking too high a price, making marketing mistakes, or perhaps you need a new renovation.
If Your Property Isn’t Selling, You May Be Asking Too MuchOne of the easiest ways to turn away prospective buyers is to ask too much price-wise. You don’t want to give the home away for free, but asking for too much can spook away the very buyers you want to showcase your home to. Take a look at other properties in the neighborhood and see how your home’s price matches up. You may need to take it down a bit.
You May Not Be Marketing Your Home ProperlyAre you online? Are you on all of the major home buying services? How is your real estate agent advertising your property? You need to make sure that your real estate agent isn’t just using old mediums, like direct mail. These days, a sizable portion of prospective homebuyers are only looking online. If you aren’t there, they don’t see you.
Your Home May Not Be In The Best ShapeYour home may be on the market longer because other comparable properties have renovations that your property doesn’t. You may need to look at renovating your kitchen or bathroom. Of course, major repairs also fall into this category. Nobody wants to buy a home that needs a new roof or that has plumbing issues. Talk to your real estate agent about what you may need to fix. Most sellers want to sell their property as quickly as possible. And you can’t blame them! The longer a home stays on the market, the more prospective buyers think that something could be wrong. If you want to sell your property without worrying about how long it is going to stay on the market, then you need to call 4 Brothers Buy Houses. We can purchase your home for cash, immediately. We’ll provide you with a free, no obligation quote at your convenience. That way, you can start the process at the best time for you. Contact us today to learn more.
October 20, 2019If you have been wondering when is the right time to sell your home, then you aren’t alone. Thousands of families in your area are thinking about the same thing. Selling your home is an individual concern, and everyone’s circumstances are different. Some people are selling their property to finance their retirement, and some people are selling their home in order to move to a new state and start a new job. Whatever your reasons, it can still be difficult to find the right time to sell. Here are a few instances when you may want to think about selling the property and moving on:
1. When You Are No Longer Attached To The HomeIf you no longer have an emotional attachment to your property, it might be time to sell. Especially if home values in the neighborhood have risen recently. You may want to start considering what you can get for the property by working with a real estate agent or talking to a professional appraiser.
2. When Your Kids Move Out And You Want To DownsizeWhen your children move out and go to college or get their own professional jobs, you may find that you have much more space in your home than you actually need. This is a great time to start thinking about downsizing so that you can get more value of your property. You might want to consider selling your current property and using the money to fund the purchase of a condo. Or maybe you just want to take a long overdue vacation.
3. When You Are Going To RetireIf you are going to retire, your current home may not suit your needs anymore. Maybe you want to move to a warmer climate or to a city where you are closer to your family members. Retirement is a big milestone in life, so it can be a great time to sell your property and get a solid return after all of those years of paying your mortgage and watching your equity increase. If you are thinking about selling your home, know that you have options. You don’t have to go through the traditional process of completing renovations, updates, and showcasing your property with a real estate agent. You can sell to 4 Brothers Buy Houses and get cash for your property immediately. Give us a call at your earliest convenience and we will provide you with a free, no obligation quote. We’d be happy to buy your property on your terms, so that you can get the money you deserve when you want it. Sell your property on your timeline with the help of 4 Brothers Buy Houses. See how we have helped others just like you! https://www.4brothersbuyhouses.com/testimonials/
September 16, 2019
At First, Alfred Wasn’t Ready To SellWhen 4 Brothers Buy Houses first contacted Alfred, he wasn’t ready to sell his property. His brother was still living in it with him, and he wasn’t quite sure what he wanted to do with it long term. Alfred wasn’t yet sure if he wanted to work on repairing the home himself, or if he wanted to take advantage of the immediate cash offer from 4 Brothers Buy Houses.
After His Brother Moved Out, Alfred Decided To Move OnOnce Alfred’s brother moved out, he decided it was time to move on from the property. He indicated he was ready to sell in February of 2019. He wanted to downsize and move into something smaller. 4 Brothers Buy Houses set up a time to view the property in March and make an offer. The home needed some work–it needed a new air conditioning system, a new furnace, and a range of cosmetic updates. Alfred got an offer from 4 Brothers That Buy Houses that worked for him, and the two parties setup closing for May.
Getting An Advance And Selling On His Own TermsAlfred needed money to be able to move out of the home before closings. 4 Brothers worked with Alfred and gave him an advance on the sale which allowed him to move into an apartment before the process ended. By May 20th, the property went into settlement, and Alfred got all of his money. Both parties were happy with the transaction, and Alfred was able to move on with his life. If you are like Alfred, and have a home in the state of Maryland that was left to you by family, it is important to understand that your property doesn’t have to be a burden. You can call 4 Brothers Buy Houses at any time and we’ll provide you with a no obligation quote. You don’t have to feel trapped, or that you’ll need tens of thousands of dollars for repairs before you can sell. 4 Brothers is able to provide many solutions other home buyers can’t, in order to make the home sale easier. How many buyers do you know that would give an advanced payment on a house before the purchase date? Contact our team today and we’ll work with you so that you can sell on your terms. We may even be able to provide you with an advance before closing is finalized. Don’t get frustrated with the traditional home sale process. You can sell your property on a timeline that works for you without sacrificing any of your time, money, or resources. Call 4 Brothers Buy Houses today and we’ll help you get started.
April 16, 2019
The process selling of a house can be very tough on a homeowner. Finding a real estate agent, making sure that the house is at the top in the MLS search, negotiating on the price, listening to counteroffers, and what not… taking all these steps can get on a person’s nerves. What if there was an easier way you could sell your house fast in Fairmount Heights, MD? You wouldn’t have to go through the hassle of getting your house listed and then waiting for potential buyers to make an offer. Not to mention, you’ll have to keep your home clean 24/7 so that strangers can tour your house.
We understand that it can be very scary to let strangers into your house. There’s no way of knowing whether they are potential buyers or casing the house. A bit dramatic, but one can never be too sure. Coming back to the point, one of the biggest advantages of selling your house fast is that you get instant cash.
We are not talking about renovations and staging, but simply contacting a real estate professional who will buy your house as is and offer you cash. The process is simple: call and setup a meeting with 4 Brothers Buy Houses, a professional buyer will arrive at your house to verify condition and make a fair cash offer!
Let’s have a look at three more advantages a fast house sale offers you:
1. Peace of Mind
Why are you selling your house?
Did you get a divorce and now don’t want to live in a big house?
Are you going to have a baby and need a bigger house for the nursery?
Did you get a promotion and are planning to move?
Whatever the reason may be — the process of selling a house can last 3 to 6 months or maybe even a year. The longer your house stays on the market, the lower its value falls. Working with 4 Brothers and getting cash allows you to be done with the transaction within a month. It will be a load off your mind and you will be free to make your next move.
2. No Taxes and Other Fees
What if your house doesn’t sell within a few months? You will be paying the property taxes, utility bills, insurance, and maintenance the entire time while you ought to be saving for a new house. If you make late payments, it will become quite difficult for you to secure a mortgage for your new house. On the other hand, if you sell your house fast in, Fairmount Heights, MD to 4 Brother Buy Houses, you won’t have to wonder when your house will sell or pay for commissions or closing costs.
3. No Home Inspection
What if we said that you don’t need to do any repairs or renovations and 4 Brothers Buy House will buy your house as it is. When you sell your house on the MLS, you will most likely get a list of improvements that you need to make to the house before someone else will buy it. That’s the beauty of selling your house fast to 4 Brothers. We are investors and not real estate agents! Once we close and you have your money we make the repairs with our money on our time. If you are looking for someone who will help you, so you can sell your house fast in Fairmount Heights, MD then contact 4 Brothers Buy House. We buy houses with cash right after you sign a simple contract with us. For more information about the process, call at 202-780-9793.
August 10, 2018Selling your home can take a lot of work and sometimes the process can drag on for a while before you find a great buyer. Over time, you may also find yourself coming down in price and you may not get as much as you expected from it. However, there are ways to sell your home fast and still get a great offer if you know the right tips. Below we’ll give you our insider tips and strategies for selling your home fast while still getting a great offer for it.
1. Time It RightThe first thing you should do to make sure you sell your home quickly and easily is to make sure you’ve picked the right time to put it on the market. It’s important to realize that certain times of the year are better for selling a house than others. Selling your home in the spring between March and May is usually the ideal time to list your home and when a lot of buyers are out looking for a place.
2. Pick Your Price WiselyYou should also make sure that you set your price right from the very beginning. You’ll want to look at other similar homes in your local market and see what they’ve been selling for. While you may think it’s better to put it high to start with and then come down over time, it’s actually not a good idea. If you want house to sell fast you should price it right immediately. Most activity on a newly listed home happens early on and a home that is been on the market for too long may start seeming undesirable to buyers.
3. Take Some Amazing PhotosOne of the best ways to make your home sale easier is to add high-quality photos to your listing. If necessary, hire a photographer to get it right and make sure that the photos highlight the best things about your home, both inside and out. Great photography can go a long way in marketing your home. Photos can help potential buyers take more interest and decide to schedule a showing.
4. Show Your Home Off With a Virtual TourIn addition to photos, videos and virtual tours can also be a big help in selling a home. If you really want to get it right, you may want to hire a videographer to make a professional looking video. Alternatively, you may just want to do a simple walkthrough on your own using a camera to show buyers the different areas of your home. However you do it, a virtual tour can be a great way to generate a bit more interest and convince more buyers to give you a call.
5. Use the Right WordsIn addition to visual content, you should also make sure you work hard to write the perfect description for your listing. The description can make or break your listing so make sure to get it right. If there are any unique and especially attractive features about your home make sure you mention these things clearly and vividly. You may also want to mention positive aspects of the area as well such as which school district you’re in and anything else that is notable about your home’s location.
6. Boost Your Home’s Curb AppealIt’s also important to boost your home’s curb appeal. Before you take any pictures or invite anyone for showings you’ll want to make sure your home has a great look and will “wow” anybody as soon as they see it. You may want to put on a coat of fresh paint, for example, or add in some extra outside lighting. You may also want to make some other changes to your lawn or yard to make sure it comes across well from the beginning.
7. Make the Right First ImpressionIn addition to improving the outside looks of your home, you should also make sure that the inside looks great as well and gives off the perfect first impression. When potential buyers come into your home, it’s important that they are impressed. You’ll want to clear out any clutter that you can, so it may be a good idea to rent a storage unit to use while you list your home. You’ll also want to be prepared to let a neighbor or friend watch any pets you have when you’re showing your home. Remove any indications of pets or their smells in your home. Signs of pets in your home may turn away some buyers.
8. Assist Your Buyer’s ImaginationBesides making a good first impression you should also be attempting to make sure a buyer can see themselves in your home. While clearing out the clutter is part of this, you’ll also want to consider resetting some of the rooms in your home to their originally intended purpose. Consider taking out some of the most unique features and any creative personal touches you’ve added to your home over the years. Ensure that your home seems like a blank slate to buyers.
9. Don’t Overdo It On the UpgradesWhile you should be aiming to make your home seem as new and attractive as possible to buyers, you shouldn’t overdo it. Too many repairs may be more trouble than they’re worth. If you spend too much time and money on upgrades and repairs you may not make as much once you finally do sell your home. It’s important to strike a good balance between making it attractive to buyers and not spending too much.
10. Be Available and ReadyIn addition to having all of the points above in mind, you also need to keep in mind that the more available you are for showing your home to buyers the better chance you’ll have to sell your home quickly and for the best price. Be ready to answer calls and be available at the drop of a dime to show your home or get out of the way for an agent to do it. Keep things clean and don’t let dishes pile up in the sink.
Using These Tips For Selling Your Home FastWhile it can take a lot of work to make sure your home sells quickly, by using the tips above you’ll make sure you’re selling your home fast while also getting what it’s worth from the sale. Ready to sell your home fast? Contact us today to learn more about what we can do for you.
July 25, 2018sell your house fast, read on for the reasons our past clients have given.
Why Should You Sell Your Home Fast?Many of the past clients from whom we’ve bought houses have also sold homes in traditional sales before. Below are the benefits to selling your home using our method, based on the feedback from those clients.
Simpler ProcessThe primary purpose of a real estate agent is to find buyers for your home. This is a challenging and complex job, which is why agents need specialized training to be able to do it. While you’re welcome to hire an agent when you sell to a fast-purchase real estate company, it’s not as necessary. This can save you thousands of dollars. In fact, the average real estate commission alone is up to 6% of the sale price. If your home costs $300,000, that’s $18,000 out of your pocket.
Avoiding Doubling the Moving ExpensesIn a traditional home sale, poor timing can be costly. If your old home sells before you’re ready to move into your new home, you need to find temporary housing. This means you’ll pay moving expenses twice: to move into a temporary space, then again to move into your new home. Moving costs can be in excess of $10,000, especially if you have a family and are moving a long distance away. If you need to move twice, that a huge unnecessary expense (not to mention the cost of your temporary housing).
Cut Down on StressYou might not be able to put a dollar amount on the stress of moving, but that doesn’t make it less important. For most people, housing is their largest expense and it accounts for a large percentage of their income. When that huge monthly expense is up in the air, your stress level goes through the roof too.
No Need to Manage Frequent ShowingsAnother often underestimated difficulty with a traditional home sale is the hassle of each showing. You need to make sure your home is very clean and uncluttered, and you need to bring your family and pets elsewhere. Home showings are difficult enough for a couple or a single person, but when there are kids or pets involved, it’s quite a circus. Sometimes showings happen at the last minute, which adds an extra layer of stress.
Don’t Risk Buyer Getting Cold Feet or Sale Falling ThroughIn a typical home purchase, there are countless ways the sale could fall through at the last minute. The buyer could get cold feet, or have an issue with their own home’s sale, or their financing could fall through. One of the key advantages of a fast home purchase is that many companies (ours included) pay cash for your house. That eliminates the risk of your buyer’s lender pulling out at the last minute.
Avoid Housing Market ChangesThe housing markets are constantly changing, both on a large scale and within your own neighborhood. You may put your home up for sale when it’s a seller’s market, but if it doesn’t sell and the market turns, your chance of a sale goes down dramatically. Using a fast process by selling to an investment company, on the other hand, cuts down on that problem.
You Choose Your TimingWe’ve already discussed how the timing of your home sale can affect your moving expenses. However, it can cause other problems as well. If you have kids and your new home is in a new school district, moving during the summer can help make the transition smoother. Unfortunately, you don’t have direct control over that timing during a traditional home sale. Many homeowners also have busy seasons and light seasons at work. When you choose a fast home purchase, it lets you time your sale (and your move) during the easiest season for you.
No Need to Make RepairsRepairs on a home you’re selling can be an unexpected expense and delay your sale by weeks or months. When you sell to an investment company, however, we process as-is home sales. This lets you avoid the extra expense, the hassle of renovations or repairs, and the delay in your home sale.
Avoid Paying Two MortgagesArguably the largest worry people have when selling one home and buying another is the transition between mortgages. If you buy your new home before selling your old one, you’ll be paying two mortgages every month. Many homeowners can’t afford to do this for more than a month or two, so it adds to the stress level. With a fast home purchase, however, you can arrange the timing so this doesn’t happen.
Avoid Paying for Upkeep on Two HomesThis is an expense few sellers consider until it happens. If your old home doesn’t sell until three months after you close on your new home, that’s three months of double the maintenance. If you’re paying for lawn maintenance, housekeeping, and other services, this adds up quickly.
How to Sell Your House FastThe ten reasons above are just the most common reasons to sell your house fast. There are plenty of other benefits that apply to specific situations. Regardless, the faster your home sells, the less stress you’ll have and the fewer add expenses you’ll pay. If you’re ready to sell your home quickly, contact our fast home-buying team.
June 20, 2018selling a house is a challenge. Attempting to sell a home for a reasonable price in a timely manner almost always requires a great deal of effort and dedication. Perhaps you’re looking to get your house off the market as quickly as possible? Maybe you’re looking to sell your house fast? If so, there are a number of different tips you should be following. These are the keys to a quick house sale.
Get the Price Right InitiallyIf you’re hoping to sell your house quickly, it’s absolutely vital that you price it right from the beginning. Pricing it too high can turn off potential buyers, making them think that they can’t afford it, or making them think that you aren’t serious about making a sale. In order to price your house correctly, you should survey the selling prices of houses in your neighborhood. From there, you can come up with a nice ballpark figure.
Manicure Your YardThe fact of the matter is that if the outside of your home doesn’t look nice, buyers won’t even give it the time of day. They will simply pass it over and go searching for other homes to buy. This is why you need to make your yard look as nice as possible. Keep the grass trimmed, make sure that the mulch is looking nice, and eliminate all traces of weeds. By doing this, you will up the curb appeal of your property, making it more attractive to potential buyers.
Make Necessary Updates to Your HouseWhen buyers go looking for a house, they are looking for something which feels new to them. They aren’t leaving an old house so that they can go live in another old house. This is why, when selling your home, it’s necessary to renovate and update it. By installing new countertops, flooring, appliances, and otherwise, you serve to make your home more modern and attractive. This greatly ups its value as well as the interest of potential buyers.
Remove Personal Items from Your HouseWhen prospective buyers are checking out homes, they envision themselves living in those homes. The problem is that it’s difficult for them to do this if you still have your possessions in the home during the time of the showing. Therefore, it’s wise to remove all personal items from your home while it’s being shown to potential buyers. This doesn’t mean that you need to remove everything; you should keep your furniture where it is. You just need to remove pictures, heirlooms, and any other items which are treasured only by you.
Always Be Prepared to Show Your HouseThe key to a quick house sale is to have your home viewed by as many prospective buyers as possible. The more people that see your home, the more offers which will be submitted. How do you ensure that as many people see your home as possible? By always being prepared to show your home. Whether it be 7:00 AM or 9:00 PM, you need to be ready and willing to show your home off to prospective buyers. Short on time? It might be a good idea to utilize a real estate agent.
Utilize All Available Marketing AvenuesAgain, the key to a quick house sale is to have your home viewed by as many potential buyers as possible. To give your home optimal exposure, you need to utilize every marketing avenue that is at your disposal. There are a variety of different places in which you can place house listings. Not only should you be utilizing websites such as Zillow and Trulia, you should be putting your house listing in newspapers, on social media, and all other available marketing platforms.
Take Professional-quality PhotographsIn most cases, when a prospective buyer first views a home that is for sale, that buyer views said home online. How does a home appear online? In a series of different photographs. But, you shouldn’t use just any photographs of your home. You need to ensure that the photographs you use are of professional quality. Having bright, clear, and illuminating photos of your home will give it a terrific first impression with potential buyers. On the other hand, posting dark, shady, and blurry photos of your home will give potential buyers a horrible first impression.
Hire a Real Estate AgentThe simple fact of the matter is that selling a home is a process. In most cases, it is a process which requires a great deal of hard work and dedication. Most home sellers don’t have the time or resources necessary to put forth a full effort. That’s why it’s often wise for home sellers to hire real estate agents. A real estate agent will essentially take over all of your home selling responsibilities, scheduling showings, filing the necessary paperwork, and facilitating necessary updates. If you want to sell your home quickly, hiring a real estate agent would be a great decision.
Sell Your House to an InvestorThe absolute quickest way to sell a house is by selling it to an investor. There are many investors out there who will buy houses, fix them up, and sell them to others. In many cases, you can strike a deal with an investor within 2 weeks. One of the nicest things about going this route is that it requires minimal work. You won’t have to manicure your lawn, show your home to potential buyers, or make renovations.
Looking to Sell Your House Fast?Wanting to move on from your house as soon as possible? Looking to sell your house fast? If so, and if your house is in the Washington DC area, we here at 4 Brothers Buy Houses are the people to see. We are a real estate investment firm which specializes in buying from those who want to sell their homes quickly. It is our goal to have a deal set in place for you within 10 days. Interested? Contact us today to discuss!
June 24, 2015
People may wonder why anyone would need to sell their house FAST or AS-IS instead of selling it traditionally through the real estate agents and putting it up on the market. People might think this process occurs usually when people are ready to move out to a new house. In a sense, it is true. However, there are many other reasons why people have the need to sell the house or even consider “getting rid of it.”
Why in such hurry?
One can be going through a divorce process and need to quickly clear the names off of the house and move on with their life. A house could have been inherited but it is unwanted or too difficult to manage so it is in the owner’s best interest to liquidate the asset without hassle. There are more in depth explanations on the divorce and inheritance situations at www.4brothersbuyhouses.com. Some people get behind on payments; whether it’s on their mortgage, which results in them going into default, or on smaller items like property taxes or even HOA association dues. In those cases, people often can’t financially afford to be in the house anymore and so wish to sell quickly so they can move on to a property that will be more financially comfortable for them to own.
Another reason why an owner might need to sell a house fast is due to an impending bankruptcy filing, be it chapter 7 or 13. Other common causes are various life changes, like an owner who may want to move to a smaller home quickly due to a change in income that was caused by unemployment or shortened hours. Changes in financial conditions can often lead an owner to want a home with a more manageable monthly payment.
Perhaps managing a rental property is becoming too difficult and want to just sell the house. Ultimately, regardless of the reason of selling the house, people may struggle to afford to fix up the property to even put up on the market or do not want to go through weeks or months worth of hassle.
Let’s say someone has enough funds to fix up the house and use a real estate agent to put it on the market. People claim that time is money. Saving time can be critical in certain cases and that is why people would consider using services like 4 Brothers Buy Houses to quickly go through the process of selling the house. Convenience is also another huge factor that comes into play. Some people need to go through their attorney, home owners association, real estate agents, remodeling contractors and loads of paperwork. Even after all the hassle and finally putting it up in the market, there is no guarantee it will be sold right away! It takes time and effort to leave the house open for people to come by and visit to look at it. People should always consider their alternative options to sell their house fast and as-is to alleviate the problem of not having enough funds or not wanting to go through a hassle when they are in time sensitive circumstances.