Our latest articles
Sell Home As Is
January 14, 2020Ready to sell your home? Perhaps you are retiring and moving to a different community. Maybe you are taking a new job and are selling before you go. Maybe you just want to sell to see what you can get for your property. Whatever the case may be, you need to be aware of the costs. Selling your home will cost you money in repairs, cleaning, landscaping, and inspection fees. There are also real estate agent commissions and closing costs to worry about. Before you sell, you need to make sure that you are comfortable with these costs.
Repairs, Cleaning, Landscaping, And InspectionsWhen you sell your property, you’ll need to be prepared to handle things like repairs and landscaping. Those things cost money. You’ll need to have the cash on hand in order to make any necessary repairs or landscaping fixes. You’ll also have to keep the property clean and pay for any inspections that must be done before the sale is finalized. These repairs can easily run in the thousands or tens of thousands of dollars.
Real Estate Agent CommissionsReal estate agents get a commission on the sale of your property. Typically, the commission is worth several percentage points of the total value of the home. This commission can be costly, but it is typically worth it if you need help making the sale or if you don’t really know your local real estate market that well. The good thing about real estate commissions is that they generally aren’t paid until the end of the process.
Online MarketingSelling your property means that you’ll need to reach interested parties. This is done through online marketing. You’ll need to market your property both through traditional mediums and through new ones such as social media. Online marketing may be handled by your real estate agent, or you may decide to work on it yourself. Either way, this kind of marketing costs money and you’ll need to be prepared to pony up. The cost of marketing online depends on the reach that you want to have. But you can expect a marketing campaign to cost several hundred dollars at the least. A very extensive campaign could run into the thousands. There are real costs to selling your home that you can’t ignore. Sellers must be aware of the costs of repairs, maintenance, renovations, landscaping, cleaning, and inspections. Of course, there are also real estate agent commissions and other miscellaneous costs. If you want to avoid these costs, then you can work with 4 Brothers Buy Houses. 4 Brothers Buy Houses will purchase your home regardless of the condition, without any need for repairs or renovations. Give us a call today and we can get started on the process.
January 14, 2020If you are selling your home, it is critical to make sure that you keep yourself safe during the process. That means not leaving out personally identifying information like financial documents or credit cards. Identity thieves are becoming more and more sophisticated, and they use a variety of tactics to get access to your information. You’ll also want to keep the door locked when you aren’t showing the property, so that it is only available when you want it to be. Here’s how you can keep yourself safe during the showing process.
Don’t Leave Bills Or Credit Cards Out In The OpenMake sure that when you are selling your property, you don’t have any bills or credit cards left out in the open. That means taking all of your financial documents and files with personal information out of your home before the showcase process begins. Take all of those files and put them in a safety deposit box or some other form of storage. If a bad actor gets their hand on that kind of information, it can be used against you via identity theft.
Keep The Door Locked When You Aren’t Showing The PropertyWhen you are selling your home, everyone knows. Sometimes even the wrong people. Make sure that your property is locked when you are not conducting showings. You only want prospective buyers to be there at the time that you want them to be there. Keeping your home locked will keep your property safer. If your real estate agent is conducting showings, make sure that they keep the key in a safe place. Your property is extremely valuable, and you need to make sure that you are taking all of the necessary precautions.
Make Sure You Don’t Leave Valuable Items OutJust like credit cards and bills, you don’t want valuable items left out during your showings. Memorabilia, jewelry, collectables, and other important items should be moved to storage. You don’t want to take the risk of losing something that is valuable to you during a showing. Remember, you aren’t going to be able to watch over your entire home while prospective buyers are walking through your property. Staying safe during the sale process is important. It is something that sellers don’t often think about, but it is critical for avoiding identity theft. If you don’t want to have to worry about these kinds of issues, then you can avoid the showing process altogether by working with 4 Brothers Buy Houses. 4 Brothers Buy Houses will purchase your property cash, and we can give you a free, no obligation quote at any time. We’ll work on your schedule so that the entire process is convenient for you. Call us today to get started.
January 14, 2020There are times when you want to sell your property where you aren’t exactly in a sellers’ market. If you need to sell your property at a difficult time for sellers, then you should be aware of the extra steps you’ll need to take. The first step is to make sure that you are working with an experienced real estate agent who has done years’ worth of work in the area. You’ll also want to make sure that you are showing the house on a regular basis and that you are investing in online marketing. You’ll also need to make sure that you understand what buyers in your market are looking for, so that you can show your house in a way that is advantageous to you. This is how to get started.
Work With An Experienced Real Estate AgentWhen times get tough, it is important to work with real estate professionals who have experience. Real estate agents have seen the ups and downs of various markets over long periods of time, and they can help you understand what to expect. If you aren’t working with a real estate agent, trying to navigate a difficult market on your own can seem almost impossible. You don’t have to put yourself in that position–make sure to hire a real estate agent that you can trust.
Make Sure You Are Regularly Showing The PropertyIn a difficult market, it is critical that you are showing your property regularly. If you aren’t conducting showings, then prospective buyers aren’t getting to see your home up close. You may need to conduct more showings in a tough market than in one that is more beneficial for sellers. That is to be expected–you’ll have to put in more time and effort to get a sale in this type of market. Be prepared for longer showings, so keep your schedule open.
Learn What Buyers In Your Market Are Looking ForYou’ll need to stay aware of what buyers are looking for in this kind of market. Do research on what similar homes have sold for in the past. Check your neighborhood to see which homes have sold recently, and what kind of repairs or renovations were done. Your real estate agent may have more information on this. When the market is difficult for sellers, you might have the temptation to wait until market conditions change. If you don’t want to wait, then you still have options. You can sell your property to 4 Brothers Buy Houses. 4 Brothers Buy Houses will purchase your property in cash, immediately. That means that you don’t have to worry about the market conditions or how many showings you need to do. You don’t have to worry about finding a real estate agent or handling online marketing. Contact us today and we’ll provide you with a free, no obligation quote.
December 23, 2019Selling the family home can be difficult for anybody. That is exactly what Donald had to do when his family decided to move on from his uncle’s former property in Milford, Maryland. Often, this is an emotional process for families, even more than a financial one. Families aren’t always ready to sell the homes that have so many memories attached to them. But when a family makes that kind of decision, they want to be able to sell on their own terms. That is exactly what 4 Brothers Buy Houses offer to families just like Donald’s. Here is his story.
The Home Had Been In The Family For GenerationsDonald’s uncle had owned the property in Milford since the 1970s. The family eventually passed it to Donald, but he was unsure of what to do with it. The property was in rough shape, and clearly needed work. It was vacant, and it looked as if no one had lived there for years. The property was built in 1940, but unfortunately maintenance and repairs hadn’t been kept up with. Donald needed to make a decision on what he was going to do with the property.
Donald Chose To Sell From FloridaDonald lived in Florida, which made the sale process a bit more complicated. He decided to come up to Maryland for a bit to meet with some prospective buyers. After meeting with 4 Brothers Buy Houses, Donald instantly felt a comfort level. He trusted the professional staff, who answered all of his questions. Donald’s property garnered several offers from interested parties, but he decided to go with 4 Brothers Buy Houses because of his trust in their management.
From Meeting To Closing In Less Than A MonthDonald met with 4 Brothers Buy Houses on October 8th, and the deal was closed on October 30th. That kind of speed is what drew Donald to 4 Brothers Buy Houses in the first place. He knew that other buyers would take significantly longer to close because of funding issues or the need to go through extensive inspections. 4 Brothers Buy Houses was able to get the deal done quickly so that Donald and his family were able to move on. Moving on from a property that has been in the family for so long isn’t easy for anybody. But when you can sell on your own terms, you can get the outcome that you wanted. Donald didn’t want to deal with the repairs that would have been necessary to sell the home on the traditional market. By working with 4 Brothers Buy Houses, he was able to avoid costly repairs and inspections and sell the property when he wanted to. If you are looking to sell your property and get the cash you and your family need, call 4 Brothers Buy Houses. We can give you a free, no obligation quote at any time.
November 22, 2019Wondering why your property is taking so long to sell? There are a lot of factors that go into how long a property stays on the market. Understanding these different factors will help you to make your home more attractive to prospective buyers. The truth is that when your home stays on the market for an extended period of time, buyers start to think there must be something wrong with it. So it becomes a sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy. You want to avoid this by understanding how to sell your home faster. Let’s go over some tips.
According To Zillow, The Average Property Was On The Market For Two MonthsThat’s right. Most properties are on the market for a little over 60 days. If your property has sold in under two months, congratulations! You’ve beaten out the average seller. But if your property has been on the market for longer than 60 days, it may be time to start thinking about what you can do better. You may be asking too high a price, making marketing mistakes, or perhaps you need a new renovation.
If Your Property Isn’t Selling, You May Be Asking Too MuchOne of the easiest ways to turn away prospective buyers is to ask too much price-wise. You don’t want to give the home away for free, but asking for too much can spook away the very buyers you want to showcase your home to. Take a look at other properties in the neighborhood and see how your home’s price matches up. You may need to take it down a bit.
You May Not Be Marketing Your Home ProperlyAre you online? Are you on all of the major home buying services? How is your real estate agent advertising your property? You need to make sure that your real estate agent isn’t just using old mediums, like direct mail. These days, a sizable portion of prospective homebuyers are only looking online. If you aren’t there, they don’t see you.
Your Home May Not Be In The Best ShapeYour home may be on the market longer because other comparable properties have renovations that your property doesn’t. You may need to look at renovating your kitchen or bathroom. Of course, major repairs also fall into this category. Nobody wants to buy a home that needs a new roof or that has plumbing issues. Talk to your real estate agent about what you may need to fix. Most sellers want to sell their property as quickly as possible. And you can’t blame them! The longer a home stays on the market, the more prospective buyers think that something could be wrong. If you want to sell your property without worrying about how long it is going to stay on the market, then you need to call 4 Brothers Buy Houses. We can purchase your home for cash, immediately. We’ll provide you with a free, no obligation quote at your convenience. That way, you can start the process at the best time for you. Contact us today to learn more.
October 21, 2019Making sure that your property is ready for showings is absolutely critical to the sale process. If you aren’t making a good impression during the showings, then prospective buyers aren’t going to break the bank to purchase your property. That means that you need to understand how to knock it out of the park when you have prospective buyers visiting your property. You want them to feel right at home, and give them the freedom to explore without smothering them with questions. Let’s take a closer look at what you need to do in order to have successful showings.
1. Make Sure Your Property Has Curb AppealIf your property doesn’t have curb appeal, then your prospective buyers aren’t even going to stop to come inside. Make sure that the exterior has appeal by cutting the grass and shrubs and clearing out any outside furniture that doesn’t fit your aesthetic. You also want to get rid of any trash which may have accumulated outside. You may even want to think about repainting the house and installing new windows. For more ideas on how to get curb appeal on a budget go here! https://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/outdoors/outdoor-spaces/instant-curb-appeal-for-less-than-100-pictures
2. Let Prospective Buyers Have Space While They Walk Through The HomeNobody wants to feel as if they don’t have the space to evaluate the property they are considering spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on. Let prospective buyers have the space to walk through the property. Let them ask the questions and direct the conversation. The more these visitors feel at home, the more likely they are to purchase your property.
3. Keep The Property ComfortableKeep your property warm in the winter and cool in the summer. If prospective buyers feel uncomfortable while they are in the property, they are likely to associate those feelings with the home.
4. Make Sure The Home Is Well LitProspective buyers associate dimly lit rooms with problems. Most will assume that you have something to hide. Avoid these problems by keeping both the interior and exterior of your home well-lit. You may need to install new light fixtures, but most of the time simply buying higher voltage light bulbs will do the trick. Lighting may seem simple, but it really does make a huge difference when it comes to how attractive your property is to prospective buyers. If you are dreading the home showing process, you aren’t alone. Most sellers would skip it if they could. And increasingly, sellers are doing just that. You can avoid the home showing process by selling your property to 4 Brothers Buy Houses. We will purchase your property for cash, and you won’t have to go through the process of fixing up your house and finding times to showcase it to dozens of prospective buyers. Call us today and we will provide you with a free, no-obligation quote. Get cash for your home when you need it.
October 20, 2019If you have been wondering when is the right time to sell your home, then you aren’t alone. Thousands of families in your area are thinking about the same thing. Selling your home is an individual concern, and everyone’s circumstances are different. Some people are selling their property to finance their retirement, and some people are selling their home in order to move to a new state and start a new job. Whatever your reasons, it can still be difficult to find the right time to sell. Here are a few instances when you may want to think about selling the property and moving on:
1. When You Are No Longer Attached To The HomeIf you no longer have an emotional attachment to your property, it might be time to sell. Especially if home values in the neighborhood have risen recently. You may want to start considering what you can get for the property by working with a real estate agent or talking to a professional appraiser.
2. When Your Kids Move Out And You Want To DownsizeWhen your children move out and go to college or get their own professional jobs, you may find that you have much more space in your home than you actually need. This is a great time to start thinking about downsizing so that you can get more value of your property. You might want to consider selling your current property and using the money to fund the purchase of a condo. Or maybe you just want to take a long overdue vacation.
3. When You Are Going To RetireIf you are going to retire, your current home may not suit your needs anymore. Maybe you want to move to a warmer climate or to a city where you are closer to your family members. Retirement is a big milestone in life, so it can be a great time to sell your property and get a solid return after all of those years of paying your mortgage and watching your equity increase. If you are thinking about selling your home, know that you have options. You don’t have to go through the traditional process of completing renovations, updates, and showcasing your property with a real estate agent. You can sell to 4 Brothers Buy Houses and get cash for your property immediately. Give us a call at your earliest convenience and we will provide you with a free, no obligation quote. We’d be happy to buy your property on your terms, so that you can get the money you deserve when you want it. Sell your property on your timeline with the help of 4 Brothers Buy Houses. See how we have helped others just like you! https://www.4brothersbuyhouses.com/testimonials/
October 10, 2019
1. You Can Trust Online Property ValuationsEveryone has looked online at property valuations. They are easy to find and compare. The problem is they are often wrong. Websites like Zillow use equations to come to rough estimations of what they think a given property may be worth. But a property is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Make sure that you don’t get caught up in a number you saw online–it may not be an accurate portrayal of your property’s true value.
2. That You Can Get More Competitive Offers By Overpricing Your HomeYou might think that by overpricing your home, you can get offers which are a bit less, around where you think your home should be valued. The problem is that negotiations don’t work this way. You’ll simply get fewer offers, and the longer your home stays on the market, the more prospective buyers will think something must be wrong with the property and stay away.
3. Buyers Focus More On The Interior Of The HomeNeglecting your property’s exterior is a big mistake. Curb appeal is why prospective buyers stop and look at your property in the first place. Take the time to make sure the grass and shrubs are neatly cut.
4. Renovation Will Always Improve Your Property’s ValueRenovating just for renovation’s sake is typically not a good idea. A renovation can actually cost you thousands of dollars you won’t get back if you aren’t doing it with a purpose. Is this renovation bringing the property up to date with new trends? Is it bringing prospective buyers value with new features that they can’t find other places? Make sure that you are renovating for the right reasons. If prospective buyers don’t see the value in your renovation, they won’t be willing to pay extra for your property. Want to sell your property without going through the hassle of dealing with a real estate agent and handling showings? You’re in luck. You can sell your property on your own timeline by working with 4 Brothers Buy Houses. 4 Brothers Buy Houses will purchase your property from you for cash. You won’t have to make any renovations or expensive repairs either. Give us a call today, and we can provide you with a free, no-obligation quote. We’d be honored to work with you so that you can sell your property on your terms.
April 16, 2019
Selling houses is a long and complicated process that usually makes one go through extensive paperwork, regardless of how good the real estate market is. In most cases, sellers also have to worry about renovations and repairs in the house that they are selling because buyers and investors don’t buy houses as-is. If anything, this significantly delays the closing of the home sale which can extend your timeframe up to 60 days or more.
However, we, as investors, buy houses as-is, in their current condition without demanding any repairs, renovations or changes. Not just that but we close the deal on the actual value of your home, and that too, in a matter of only 7-10 days.
This not only speeds up the entire home buying and selling process but saves you from incurring major repair costs and offers you a great many other advantages over selling through a realtor.
Here is how we buy houses in any condition and give you a chance to sell your house fast without any delays or obstacles.
We Offer Ease and Convenience
When selling your house, you are typically expected to remove all your belongings and basically, get it clean. You can’t leave your things behind. You have to ensure that you remove all personal items , from the house and clean it..
That is something you don’t have to worry about when selling your house to us. You can leave all the things you don’t want or need. Once you sign the contract with us, we promise to take care of everything that has to do with the house. You just move the things you want to keep and we will handle hauling away everything else.
When selling through realtors, one usually has to wait for the ‘inspection report’ that helps the buyers make an informed decision. After a thorough inspection of your house, if the buyers don’t like the condition of your home, they can decide to cancel the deal, or ask that you make improvements.
We do our own inspections. For us, the condition doesn’t matter, and we buy houses fast in their actual, current conditions.
We Do the Work Ourselves
Buyers usually look for houses for two main reasons; either to live in it or to use it as a rental property. In either case, they look for houses that won’t require them to spend too much on repairs or upgrades. If the house does need repairs and renovations, these buyers will probably ask you for credit against the purchase price for the required changes.
Since we buy houses as they are, we do all the work ourselves. In fact, we have purchased over a hundred houses and have even rebuilt some of them from scratch. When we say we buy houses as-is, we truly mean it. Once you sign a contract with us, we promise to take care of everything without you having to worry about anything. Contact us now to have the most convenient and hassle-free selling experience ever.