5 Top Tips For Selling Your Home in Winter
January 14, 2017
January 14, 2017
Cold, stormy winter days may not seem like an ideal time to list a house for sale, but buyers purchase homes in every month and every season. If you want (or need) to sell your home this winter, consider taking advantage of these tips to help your listing look its best in this chilly sales season:
- Use Strategic Lighting. Bright, well-lit houses sell better in any season, but proper lighting is particularly important during winter months, when natural light is dimmer. Install strategic lighting, and ensure that lights are on when buyers visit.
- Clear Away Snow From Drives And Walkways.Buyers don’t want to slog through snow—or risk a slip on dangerous ice—in order to tour an open house. Keeping paths and driveways clear improves accessibility and also makes your home seem more inviting—and easier to maintain—in the minds of buyers. If you don’t already have them, consider investing in proper maintenance tools to keep your property clear of snow and ice.
- Maintain Heating and Ventilation Systems.Keep your house’s heating and ventilation system well-maintained, and always ensure the house is warm and properly ventilated during showings and open houses.
- Keep Entries and Mudrooms Clean. Dirty boots and dripping coats can quickly soil a house’s entry during winter months, but a dirty entrance makes a poor impression. Take extra care to keep your entry (or mudroom) clean and organized, especially in advance of visits from potential buyers.
- Organize and De-clutter. Cleanliness and organization – inside and out – are important parts of selling a home at any time of year, but even more important in winter months, when homeowners can’t depend on colorful flowers and lovely spring and summer views to boost a home’s desirability. Cluttered houses feel cramped, especially in winter, so make sure your home is extra-clean when listing it for sale in colder months.
These tips are supplementary to the standard advice for listing a home, all of which applies to selling houses at any time of year. Make necessary repairs, improve the landscape and curb appeal as much as possible, and price your home appropriately for its size, condition, and location.
If you need to sell in a hurry, or don’t want to take the extra time to prepare a house for listings, showings, and open houses during the winter months, consider selling directly to the investors at 4 Brothers Buy Houses – we don’t request or require repairs, and can close a sale quickly, for cash, and without the hassle of inspections, long escrows, and loan approvals. Click here for a free, no-obligation quote, or to get more information now.