5 Key Tips for Selling a House in Spring
April 15, 2017
April 15, 2017
As winter snow gives way to warmer temperatures, the housing market in Washington D.C. and the surrounding area also springs to life. Buyers take advantage of the better weather to start their search for a home; smart sellers use these helpful tips to make spring sales listings more attractive:
- Clear The Yard And Plant Spring Flowers. Curb appeal helps sell a house at any time of year, but fresh spring flowers and a manicured landscape give your listing a special boost in spring, when many yards are still recovering from winter’s chill.
- Brighten The Home’s Interior With Spring Colors. When staging a house in springtime, use light colors and fresh pastels to give your home a clean, fresh feel. Replace the bathroom and kitchen towels and entry mats with fresh, springtime colors that complement your home’s décor and add an attractive splash of spring to your home’s interior spaces.
- Clean Windows And Install Spring Window Coverings. Windows get dirty during the winter, when storms and dust build up inside and out. Sparkling-clean windows and lightweight window treatments let in light and give your home an inviting feel that buyers appreciate.
- Decorate With Flowers Or Balloons. Decorate your home before showings or open houses with a welcoming vase of flowers or a bouquet of colorful balloons. Colorful, welcoming decorations make buyers feel welcome and draw attention to your open house.
- Price Your Home to Sell. No matter what the season, well-priced houses sell faster, and with less hassle, than overpriced ones. Pay attention to the market and set your listing price at a level the house’s location, size, and condition will support.
If you need to sell fast, and don’t want to wait on the housing market, consider selling your home to 4 Brothers Buy Houses instead. As investors, we buy “as-is,” with no loan or inspection contingencies, and normally close your sale in days instead of the weeks or months most sellers wait for a traditional sale. Click here for more information or to obtain a no-obligation quote from 4 Brothers Buy Houses today.